Which soy variety is best for my region?
The variety of soy to sow should always suit the type of soil and never exceed the specific HU of the region.
Why should the planting rate recommended by Ceresco always be followed?
- To avoid etiolation and the risk of lodging;
- To ensure proper plant aeration in order to avoid fungal disease;
- To ensure proper grain processing and stem drying for a good quality harvest.
Is Natto soy really profitable?
Yes, because an interesting premium can be obtained and the sowing cost is low. For some early varieties, work can even be spread out over time
What time of the year is best to sow soybean?
When the soil reaches a minimum temperature of 10° C and soil conditions are suitable for sowing.
At what depth should soybean be sowed?
A depth of 1 1/2″ to 2″ is recommended for the grain to be in damp soil. It is important for seeds to be in proper contact with the soil.
How important is it to maintain the cutter bar in very good condition?
- There is a higher risk of staining soy when a cutter bar is in poor condition, particularly because torn stems can carry soil.
- In addition, a cutter bar in poor condition can slow down the screw speed in the presence of weeds.
How can soybeans become stained during harvest?
Staining can be caused by dust on gravel roads, weeds or immature soy stems (humid-green), etc.